Thursday, June 4, 2009

deliveries

one fine spring day, i was out delivering fliers to every house in DuPont and after about 45 minutes i had decided that i didn't want to deliver them anymore. it occurred to me that the best way to "finish" my job and still get paid that awesome $7 was to dump about 200 fliers in the dumpster behind the city hall. needless to say, mother was a bit surprised to see me back home so soon after i had started and i think i told her that i jogged or something. then, about two hours later, the day had become a blustery one and as a result, about half of my "delivered flyers" had found their way out of the opened dumpster and down barksdale and louviers.

8 comments:

  1. i think there is still a pile of bagged Lakewood Journals in the bushes of the "train park" on Barksdale Ave. who really wanted to walk all the way up to the Iffirati's house anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  2. and what about that old creepy black lab at the overmyers'. sheesh. clean your pool

    ReplyDelete
  3. The name was shony- like SHOW-KNEE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i remember putting a hole in the sidewall of mr bodmans truck tire with the axle nut on the front wheel of my bike. it was a pretty soft crash...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember standing in the laundry room one fateful weekend morning when I was in high school, watching the rage flow out of Ben as he generously installed a few THOUSAND holes in the seat of my ten-speed with one of Dad's razor blades. Now let's be clear...it was all done in the spirit of fair and honest retribution, as my superior math skills had ensured he would be short the 2 or 3 newspapers and I would be done. But it was that day that I knew for certain that I could push a sibling to a point where they would actually do bodily harm if I was in close proximity. So I learned to sleep with one eye open until I moved out of the house and went away to college. And since leaving, to this day I've never slept in the same house with Ben 'Senor Slash' Saxman.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whatever happened to all that Lakewood journal cashflow anyhow? oh, yeah, "we" spent it on school clothes at mervyns. we were homeschooled.

    ReplyDelete
  7. low blow abby, low blow. mother paid your auto insurance. heck, probably still does.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yikes. A bitter, albeit late, pill to swallow. I too have my conspiracy theories around mom's money management of kid's funds. But she always meant well, regardless of the outcome, that should never be in doubt. And as a parent myself, now it's clear that with all the crap our kids make us deal with, we're entitled to a little off the top.

    ReplyDelete